Friday, December 21, 2012

FIR wrap up

As usual, there's good news and bad news.

When I started Katrina's Fall Into Reading Challenge, I started with a list of nine books. Well, I got more than nine books read...just not the nine books I started out with. LOL I wrote a review for each as I finished up and they are linked below.

The books I completed from the original list were The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory. They were the most enjoyable of the gaggle I read this past few months.

In the interest of getting ready for the newest release from Jim Butcher, the 14th book in the Harry Dresden series, which was released on November 27, I re-read the first six in the series: Storm Front, Fool Moon, Grave Peril, Summer Knight, Death Masks, and Blood Rites.

I dug up a nugget buried on my tablet called When the Walls Fell by Monique Martin. It was a sequel to a debut novel by the author that I also found on a Kindle freebie site and would definitively recommend it.

Another Kindle nugget was Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This I would most definitively recommend if you are looking for an older teenager fan of Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, or Hunger Games.

I started Lucy and Susan Letcher's travel journal  Barefoot Sisters: Southbound but I didn't not finish it. It was a doorstop that I didn't click with.

Finally, I dug out a book off the bookshelf that I've been meaning to read called Juliet by Ann Fortier. It was a mixed bag but a fun read if you're a Shakespeare geek as well as a lover of quick-paced mysteries.

And, in further defense of my original list, three of the books from that list (Crazy Love, 10 Habits of Happy Mothers, and Furies of Calderon) have all finally come up on my wait list at the library and are the next to be read in my queue!


3 comments:

Shonya said...

I've just discovered Riordan with my son and am enjoying them as well.

And Crazy Love---oooooh, get ready for the ride! :)

Unknown said...

General Education Development (GED) tests are given to individuals who were not able to complete high school but would like to get a diploma that is equivalent to a high school diploma. Passing GED will give them a better chance of employment, as well as give them the opportunity to continue their college education without having to take high school. Test-takers may take advantage of free GED practice tests to help them prepare for the actual examination.


ged free practice test printable

fifa-coin said...


Moreover, avid gamers should be able to battle on up to date variants associated with original Counter-Strike road directions including de_dust, along with Worldwide Unpleasant will certainly help dating as well as leaderboards. The particular Counter-Strike operation who has sold greater than 25 thousand devices inside a small above Twelve years.Lastly, soon there exists a follow-up in order to 2010's Transformers: Conflict pertaining to Cybertron, Fall involving Cybertron. The sport usually takes people through the ultimate several hours with the battle between your Autobots along with the Decepticons, because they combat with regard to dominion more than their removal world.
Cheap fifa 15 coins

Fut 15 coins