Thursday, May 10, 2012

An inspired moment

As of about two months ago, I stepped in to become Flicka's Brownie leader. The former leader needed to step back so I agreed to finish the year with ten 2nd and 3rd graders.

Tomorrow we leave for a two-night overnight at our nearby Girl Scout camp. Tonight we have our last regular meeting for the year. So, in the interest of finishing one last badge and preparing for our trip, we wanted to make mini-first aid kits.

Initially we thought we'd use the mini M&M containers like I use to keep my earbuds untangles but portable in my purse. But, too small. So, I was struck yet again with some Dollar Tree inspiration during a recent trip.

Using their materials almost exclusively, I give you our mini first aid necklace using a bubbles container, a zip tie, braided gymp, and any materials we could find! :)

No comments: