Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yikes! Plan B!

...and 24 hours to execute!

Was planning a quiet day for myself and the Vikings. Maybe a trip downtown, feed the ducks, go to the park. That kind of thing. And, I was browsing the paper a few minutes ago to see if there were any garage sales around my home and downtown we should stop by.

And, there were THREE garage sale ads within a 6 block area of my house...one four-family one right across the street! That one starts tomorrow!

Now, I was planning on doing a garage sale myself next weekend but to take advantage of the "free advertising" and the large amount of people who will be in the area tomorrow, and after discussing it with DaHubby, I now have 24 hours to get ready for a garage sale!!

AARRGG!! LOL

Boxes. Tables. Permit. Signs. Price stickers. And, what to do with the Vikings?? *sigh*

So, I'll be spending the next 24 hours buried in old clutter trying to organize, categorize, and price! LOL So, if I'm not around much the next day or two, all is fine...just busy!

And, pray for me! I'm gonna need it! *wink*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! I decided to do a last minute one tomorrow as well. I spent all last evening in the garage and will be doing it again tonight. I'll be thinking of you. :) Good luck making arrangements for daVikings. :) Mine will be here with me. Oh fun! haha! ~Melanie

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, Mel - can I just bring it all to your house?! *wink*

Anonymous said...

You're more than welcome to if you'd like! Seriously! I didn't advertise but I'm putting a lot of signs out. I'm open from 8am until it quiets down. Bring the kids - we can tag team childcare. :) ~Mel

Sam said...

Good Luck!! I've never had a garage sale, but I imagine that it's a lot of work to get organised in 24 hours!!