Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas meme

Haven't done a meme is ages...so I stole this one from Christina:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. But, since I’m not a very good wrapping paper wrapper, I generally lean toward the bags.

2. Real tree or artificial? I fought this one tooth and nail but, as of last year, we’re a fake tree family

3. When do you put up the tree? First Saturday of December generally

4. When do you take the tree down? First Saturday after New Year’s generally

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but haven’t had it in years.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Lots of them but the one that sticks out…the handmade doll house my dad made me just before my parents’ divorce that now sits in Flicka’s playroom.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yep!

8. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law, step-dad, and my dad. As DaHubby can attest to, I stink buying guy gifts! LOL

9. Easiest person to buy for? Probably the Vikings

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I take the Fifth to protect the feelings of someone who reads this blog! LOL

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Always mail, usually 100+ of them, but this may be the first year in 10+ years I don’t send them out!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Can’t think of one I like off hand - LOL I wouldn't mind see "The Navitiy" though.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October/November since we’ve been trying to make a lot of them homemade

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Any goodies my mom or mother-in-law bake

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I prefer colored but our tree is pre-lit with white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Have always traveled but since the Vikings have arrived, we try to work it out to be here on Cmas Day

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yep

20. Angel on the treetop or star? Neither – butterflies! Three of them about the size of your hand from Flicka’s great-grandma's tree.

21. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? No real “tradition” here. Depends on where we are. Been working towards one on Cmas Eve and the rest on Cmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? “Happy Holidays”

23. Corniest family tradition you do, or miss doing? I don’t know about missing it but even into my 20’s when I was single, I was not allowed in the living room Cmas morning until my mom was up and had a cup of coffee in her hand! LOL

24. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? I’m not a big fan of all the blow-up thingies everyone has on their lawns right now – sorry.

25. Theme trees or homey? I’m a homey person all the way – too much pressure with the theme trees! LOL

1 comment:

sara said...

I'm with ya on the blow up decorations. Have you ever seen one that is malfunctioning? It's a sad puddle of Christmas mess.