Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Thanks Tank

"Turn that frown upside down!"

In an effort to stay on the thankful side of things, I'm taking the list of gripes I've had in my head today and choosing to put a positive spin on them.

I've got a sore throat and I think I'm getting sick:
Well, having a cold is WAY better than being hospitalized, having cancer, having something broken, or a chronic illness. There are many in the world that wish they could have "just a cold".

I'm on-call for jury duty next week:
I live in an awesome country with democratic ideals and it is a honor and privilege to participate in the process. I may not get called but, if I do, God may be placing me there for a reason. And, I want to be in God's will.

Our money situation:
Hey, food in the fridge, roof over your head, relatively reliable transportation, and even at the level of unemployment income, I'm still living better than probably 70% of world.

I have so much housework and laundry to do:
See above - at least you HAVE a home to clean, clothes to wash, and a way to wash them!

I have so much homework to catch up on with my Bible study.
Yea right - at least you HAVE a Bible, having homework means being able to read, and the privilege to gather and talk about God.

I'm PMS-ing.
Well, I guess it's too bad your body is functioning as it should and that your body is still (technically LOL) capable of one of the greatest miracles God's ever designed.

And, so ends my momentary schizophrenia. LOL It's all in how you look at it.

Pam is on hiatus right now but you can see her previous Thanks Tanks here.

No comments: