Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday Thanks Tank

I don't even know where to begin this week. So, in no particular order, this is what's filling my tank this week:

Our new church. Its "upper room experience" on Maundy Thursday and its Good Friday services were A-MA-ZING!! And, the spring programming starts Monday - a new women's Bible study, the kids' midweek programming. We can't wait!

The beautiful weather that started Spring Break last week.

The wonderful all-day play date with a family from Flicka's school. A nice break from housework and to-do lists and a great time just visiting and watching the kids play.

Our local cinema's family film festival. It happens twice a year. The Vikings are free and I'm only $3.50. We've be able to see "Planet 51," "AstroBoy," and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" recently in the theater - something we couldn't afford otherwise.

Continuing provision from several sources. Since DaHubby was laid off the first week of February, things have been particularly hard around here financially. Living on $350/week unemployment even with the food help has pushed my thrifty skills to the limit. Our family, church family, and friends have gone above and beyond the call of duty to keep us afloat. The assistance and their help have been heaven-sent! And, it's only 25 days 'til graduation! LOL

For DaHubby - I have been reminded often lately how lucky I am to have him. My single friends, divorced friends, and even married-but-struggling friends and all their stories make me want to come home and spoil him rotten. LOL Being married to my best friend who is one of the smartest and most hard-working men I've ever met was WELL worth being single until I was 32! LOL

What about you?

Pam is on hiatus right now but you can see her previous Thanks Tanks here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful blessings! I'm thankful to be married to my best friend too.