Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday's Dangerous Tidbits

This is how our Sunday message started out today:

Which is more dangerous: James Bond or Jack Bauer?
Which is more dangerous: Peyton Manning or Brett Farve?
Which is more dangerous: Hulk Hogan or our middle school pastor (LOL)?

What does it mean to be a dangerous believer?
What might it cost you?
Paul knew:


"Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure." 2 Corinthians 11.24-27

And, this is how the message ended:

1. Will I live safely for myself or dangerously for God?
2. What dangerous lifestyle is God calling me to?
3. What skills/knowledge is required for me to become dangerous?
4. How will I acquire this skill/knowledge?
5. Who in my life needs to be rescued?

So, are you gonna stay safe?
Or are you gonna live step out in faith and live dangerously for God?

No comments: