Wednesday, May 9, 2007

WFMW: Crayon Removal From Walls

Can't take credit for discovering this one but thought I'd pass it along. Found a tear-out section in a recent Family Circle magazine about stain/spot removal. It had a TON of good ideas and I was going to put it aside for a rainy day. But, this one caught my eye and I tried it immediately.

Since Flicka had sneaked a few crayons into her bedroom one naptime, there has been a curvy blue crayon masterpiece on her wall over her bed. Apparently saying "only on paper" ad nauseam just hasn't sunk in yet.

So, Family Circle suggested using an old toothbrush and some white toothpaste to remove crayon from painted walls. I was a wee bit skeptical. So, off I went to Flicka's little toddler heaven aka her bedroom last weekend to try it. Ya know what? IT WORKED! With a little elbow grease, no more crayon! An added bonus? Her room smelled minty clean! *wink*

Good and successful stain removal ideas? THAT works for me! Check out Shannon's site today for more making-Mom's-life-easier ideas!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I've used baking soda made into a paste, but never thought of toothpaste. I'll keep that in mind!

Anonymous said...

only on paper. only on paper. only on paper. I must be using the wrong words because it still doesn't work for me. ;-) I made Jack help me using a "magic eraser" but he enjoyed that so much it was like a reward.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip - I need to see if they sell it by the bukcet load!!

Anonymous said...

or even bucket load!!!

Taylor at Stain-Removal-101.com said...

Loved this tip. I have placed a link to this page on my Stain Removal Site, at Removing Crayon From Walls With Toothpaste

Thanks so much for sharing it!