Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thank Tank

Inspired by Peach...

Hmmm...there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to my list today other than being thankful that God is ALWAYS in control.

1. I spent 6 years working at the University of Michigan either as a 911 operator, public safety officer, as well as a part-time security monitor. I'm especially thankful today that I am no longer involved in campus security. After this week at Virginia Tech, I can't imagine what is going on at UM this week and/or going through the minds of those I know that still work there. I saw many things working there including suicide attempts and those that were completed. But, nothing that reaches the level of what happened at VT. My prayer is that those I know at UM will be safe because it could have just as likely been them.

2. I am thankful for my bloggy circle of women. I was thinking this morning how many of you have made my faith stronger and my housekeeping, parenting, and marriage relationship better by sharing what you've been through, what you've tried, and what worked for you.

3. I'm thankful for people like BooMama and for outpourings like the one for Heather this week. It builds my faith as well as my confidence that there ARE people out there willing to go the extra mile for someone by organizing or donating to a thing like that. It makes me more courageous to go out and find people who could benefit from something I have.

4. I'm thankful for the wonderful hospital we have 5 blocks away. Da Hubby's uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer the same week his wife, Da Hubby's aunt, was diagnosed with colon cancer. She had surgery yesterday - the cancer had spread to several other areas. Our little regional hospital is full of some of the best physicians in this area. I lay my concerns and prayers in God's hands but am thankful also for those doctors' hands, training and experience as well.

5. Da Hubby - can't imagine going a day without him. Especially with all these folks around us with health challenges lately. My mortality as well as his has weighed heavily on my mind this week. God gave him to me and will take him when it's time but I'm beginning to treasure each moment more each day that I have with him.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful post! I am thankful for our friendship too! I will pray for your Aunt and Uncle in-laws.

Unashamed said...

"God gave him to me..." Amen.