Thursday, December 13, 2012

Corgi addiction

Never had heard of or even seen a Corgi before I met DaHubby. He was the previous owner of two when we met. I had a *meh* reaction to them at first then sticker shock when we contacted a breeder after we married in 2001 to purchase a puppy.

We named him Rolle ("rol-lee") and he absolutely captured my heart. He was my constant companion as I settled into a new area, a new home, and married life. He was my furry comfort through years of infertility and pregnancy losses. He was also my buddy during my worried-filled pregnancy with Flicka.

Sadly, he became very sick in 2005 with a liver problem when I was pregnant with Pojke and we had to put him to sleep. It has been 7 years since then. Much talk has been tossed around about getting another dog but I just couldn't consider it.

First, there were the Vikings. When Rolle passed, Flicka was in diapers and I was pregnant with Pojke. Then, Pojke was nursing...then in diapers as well. Then, I didn't want to have to potty train more than one thing at a time. LOL Then, DaHubby went back to school full time while working full time so I'd be stuck with all the dog care. Then, DaHubby got laid off so we couldn't have afforded it anyway. Then, we had the upcoming move to IL. Then, we couldn't sell the house in MI so we had to rent in IL so...no dogs.

But, I've found that, along the way, my heart's healed enough to try again. And, while the Vikings and DaHubby discuss future boxer, chihuahua, Jack Russel terrier, and lab pro and cons, all I want is another Corgi.

I miss my Rolle-boy and love the personality of the Corgi - the intelligence, the goofiness, their comical looks. So, I'm saying it aloud to the universe...I'm ready.

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...


Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic blog post.