Monday, November 15, 2010

A week goes by...

...and where did the time go? The daily chaos at the Viking Hus continued but in a good way...

*Lord, thank you for my new job. Even though it's part-time, even though it's temporary through the holidays, and even though the pay is not great, it was Your perfect timing for something to fill our recent "gap" financially.

*Thank you for the environment at work. The quiet, the mental challenge, the adult conversation, the wonderful people have all been a change of pace and a blessing this past week one way or another.

*Thank for our continued great weather. I can't remember the last time I wore flip-flops in mid-November in Michigan.

*And, God, thank you for the safe travel this past weekend. I was *so* tired but You got us home safely.

*Thank you for watching out over my step-mom who is in the hospital. Thanks for the people caring for her - help them to keep her in mind at all times. Mend her body quickly and guide the doctors' hand so that quickly happens as well.

*Thank you for DaHubby again, Lord. He's been wonderful taking over the "momma duties" and working as a "house husband" the last week. He's doing a great job. Help me to keep up with the standard he's setting once it's all back in my hands. And, remind me often to thank him and encourage him along the way because I know that eventually it'll begin to drag on him too.

*I praise You, Lord, for the situation You presented for DaHubby's living arrangement in Illinois. It's better than we could've imagined space-wise and money-wise. Just please keep Your hand over him during the longer commute than we anticipated.

*And, also for the conversation with a possible renter for next year if the house doesn't sell in time for the kids and I to join DaHubby. I've been trying to "let go and let God" with regards to my stress about the upcoming move and you've been answering each fear one by one. You are awesome that way! We are still without unemployment and food assistance but I have faith those things will work out in Your timing as well.

God's working things out for the good of those who believe! How 'bout you? What are YOU thankful for today??

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Merry Christmas, Beth! Hope you and your family are having a wonderful and blessed Christmas season.

May you have peace and joy in abundance in the coming year!