Thursday, December 11, 2008

A heart for helping

Now, first of all, I'm not bragging. Lately, I've been feeling like the good things the Vikings do is in spite of me instead of because of me. But, right now, I'm a big ball of momma goo on the floor.

Flicka just asked for me to make breakfast for them. As I finished what I was working on, I pulled her up on my lap.

"Baby, I have so much to do today. I don't know how where to start. What do you think I should do? How am I gonna get it all done?"

"I know, Mom! I'll make our breakfast all by myself!"

OK, honestly? I inwardly groaned. Especially when Pojke jumped in too. But, we just had the sweetest moment as Flicka put some mayo on bread and Pojke and I count out ham slices and cut up and counted apple slices.

No fighting. No whining. No complaining. And, most shockingly, no mess. LOL

It was probably 3 minutes at most. And, probably the best 3 minutes of my day. And, I smiled.

"Thank you for making breakfast, baby. I really appreciate it. You are getting to be such a great helper and an awesome big sister."

And, she smiled even bigger.

No comments: