Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WFMW: Diaper Storage

I was trying to find something to submit today to Shannon's Works For Me Wednesday...and it struck me while doing something I do several times a day. I see if so often that I completely forgot about! LOL

When "Flicka" was born, we were living in a one bedroom "bachelor bungalow" where Da Hubby framed in and drywalled the back porch and turned into a nursery. Needless to say, we were short for space. With no changing table, Flicka was changed on a changing pad on our bed so all the necessary accouterments for changing her had to be kept in our bedroom. It remained like this until we moved to our current home when she was 15 months old.


Anyway, we needed a way to keep an open package of diapers contained, stacked, and organized. Being a semi-retired teacher, I had all kinds of supplies in the basement. I find a file folder/magazine organizer and (wouldn't ya know it) one small package of diapers fit perfectly!

We still use it (obviously) to keep diapers organized on "Pojke's" resale changing table in his current room! Works for me!

Make sure to visit Shannon's site for more ideas!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute & smart storage solution! Thanks a bunch!

The Estrogen Files said...

Whoa, great idea! Man, why can't I come up with such things? We just keep ours on a bookshelf.

My WFMW is about food, but not in the traditional way. Come on over!

http://smcarney.blogspot.com/2007/02/common-denominator-of-potatoes-and.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, unfortunately I don't have any kids in diapers but if I think of some great things that worked for me in the past I will let you know!! Great tip though!

Bessers said...

What a great idea! I love finding alternate uses for things. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You asked some questions about the cream of veggie soup. I couldn't find an e-mail for you on your blog and didn't want to leave too long a comment on yours, so I answered your questions under my comments.